Lindsay has extensive experience in working with arts organisations through consultation, research and evaluation including:
- Community Engagement Research - Cumbernauld Theatre
- Creative Hubs in Scotland - British Council
- Cinema Near You - Regional Screen Scotland
- Action Plan - Artsplay Highland
- Venue Feasibility Study - Dingwall Players
- Audience and Promoter Development - Plan B Dance
- Co - design workshops - Belladrum Festival/Year of Young People 2018
- Audience Engagement - Regional Screen Scotland
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Associate Reseacher - Zanna Creative
Production management and marketing support for events, particularly with a rural or audience engagement focus have been central to Lindsay's work since 2003.
In 2019, Lindsay joined the team at Highland One World to deliver a Global Youth engagement programme across the North of Scotland through creative activism. The 2 years resulted in events highlighting climate action, migration and the need to address inequalities in line with the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
Projects and events include:
- Re-imagining the centre - Inverness Old Town Art
- Sans façon ‘Limelight’ Art Installation - Inverness Old Town Art
- Camanachd Cup Final Food Fayre Manager - Camanachd Association
- Neverland Marketing - Eden Court Theatre
- Tour Production Support - Grid Iron Theatre Company & The Touring Network
- Community Engagement for Love Letters Highland Tour - Fuel Theatre
- Sequamur Marketing and Schools co-ordination - Proiseact nan Ealan
- Community Engagement for The Red Chair - Clod Ensemble
- Events coordinator - Camanachd Association
- OTHERLAND Festival site - Belladrum Festival/Year of Young People 2018
Lindsay is experienced in start up social enterprises and cultural organisations with significant achievements:
- Founded Play Pieces Arts to support emerging work by Highland Theatre Makers with sell out theatre seasons, site-specific theatre festivals, establishing new theatre companies and touring contemporary productions across the Highlands and Edinburgh Fringe performances.
- Co - director of the Rural Touring Agency programming small to mid-scale theatre, dance and music across the U.K and Internationally.
- Founded the Highland and Islands Theatre Makers group to network and support Theatre Makers with over 500 members.